MIRI Transform. Transcend. Sustain.
SAFAL has initiated several micro enterprises and group enterprises for women's groups to enhanced income upgrade skills and build forward- backward linkages. Specifically trained women groups in producing and marketing Sea Shell Products, Coir Products, Areca-nut leaf products, Electrical Choke making. helping them with identifying trends, raw material procurement, production planning, pricing, and sales.
SHG Name: Nijmukthi Hadapada Lingamma;
Town: Hungund; Taluka: Hungund; District: Bagalkot
- Number of Persons working in SHGs: 20
- Products: Handmade (Handloom)
- Ilkal Saree - Cotton Blends
- Ilkal Saree - Pure Silk
- Blouse Piece - Guledagudda Dobby
- Blouse Piece - Others
- Production capacity each members – 5 to 15 (per Month). One silk saree takes 5-6 days, however one cotton blend saree takes 2 days to produce.
- Material used in production: Yarn -Pure Cotton, Cotton Blend, Art Silk or Artificial silk (Rayon), Pure Silk
- All raw material supplied to their place from Bangalore by vendors – Pure Cotton, Cotton Blend, Art Silk or Artificial silk (Rayon), Pure Silk
- Sales channels: Local Shops, Exhibitions